Of course I was right, as I always tell Scott ^_- hehe. Nicole and Drew’s wedding was wonderful. Their ceremony took place at the Royal Lane Baptist Church and I could go on and on about their wedding, but instead I’ll jut post some of our favorite photographs from their day.
The girls getting ready.
Drew testing whether or not the jacket would stay on the shelf.
Boutteniers and bouquets from The Urban Blossom.
Drew and his mom.
Susan from Simply Personal and Nicole are on the way to the sanctuary.
Here comes the bride.
Significance of the rings.
Cocktail hour at the beautiful Dallas Arboretum.
I like the mirroring gesture in this image.
During the toast.
Music/entertainment provided by Think Big! Band with The Bulletproof Brass. They were awesome!!!
I lied, more dancing here.
Scott and I had a wonderful time and you can view more of our favorites from Nicole and Drew’s Wedding here.
We recently photographed Nicole and Drew’s rehearsal dinner which was held at Sammy’s BBQ in downtown Dallas. They had lots of friends and family there, lots of smiles and lots of good BBQ.
Here are a few images from the night.
Nicole and Drew’s photographs throughout the years.
Nicole’s dad told us wonderful stories about about bride and groom to be.
I LOVE their matching hats.
Nicole’s brother told us about Drew’s kryptonite.
I knew we are in for a treat and that the wedding was going to be sweet!
I still remember how excited we both felt when Darcy and Bruce asked us to photograph their wedding. They brought us along all the way to Mishawaka, Indiana. Thanks for letting us be a part of your wedding day!
The weather was purrrrfect and the wedding was just simply awesome. Scott went to ‘Camellia’ where the girls were getting their hair and makeup done.
A cool message in the room where the guys were getting ready inside Granger Missionary Church.
Darcy and Bruce had a private moment before ceremony. Looks like Darcy found something ;p
Bruce needed a re-shave.
I think it had something to do with the pen.
So much joy!
Darcy’s brother was so kind to lend them his cool FD3S RX7.
The best man’s (Ondat) toast.
An upbeat father/daughter and mother/son dance.
The name of the song escapes me but it was the one in a Pepsi commercial according to Darcy.
We all ran out to go see the beautiful sunset outside of the Ambrosia Banquet Hall where the reception was held.
That was a lot of fun! View all of our favorites from Darcy and Bruce’s Wedding here.
Ok a little bit on Fathers’Day History; in the United States, the first modern Father’s Day celebration was held on July 5, 1908, in Fairmont, West Virginia or on June 19th of the same year, in the state of Washington. Today, Father’s Day is celebrated on the 3rd Sunday of June. You can read more about it here.
Now let me show you some pictures of our dads.
This is Freddy; the handy man of our house! Freddy is Scott’s step dad who we love so much. Freddy is always there for us and we can rely on him no matter what.
Scott’s dad when he was in The Army.
Last but not least, this image is of my dad when he was a kickboxer in his teen years. I am telling you he is still fast, you can ask Scott that ;p
By the way, December 5th is Father’s Day in Thailand. This is the day the present King (King Bhumibol Adulyadej the Great) of Thailand was born. Thais also celebrate their own fathers on this day.
Happy Father’s day to all the dads out there!!!
Note: Resources – Wikipedia.com
We recently photographed Hena and Sonu’s wedding, it was an absolutely beautiful event. We started off with Pithi \ Mehendi Ceremony on Friday and here are some images from our favorites gallery.
Mr. Rohani (Hena’s dad) chatting with Hena’s girlfriends and cousin.
Hena with her grandmother.
I am not sure what is this part of the ceremony calls but it is very neat.
Hena’s mom put a shawl over both of them and she took her to sit where everyone will come and either feed her candy, rubbing a paste on her arm and or putting rice on her head.
A sweet moment between Hena and her dad.
Their reception was held at The Marriott Quorum by the Galleria. A superb lighting job from Absolute Entertainment.
Jordan Payne Events also did an amazing job on all the flowers and decor.
You know what just happened, right?! By the way, the beautiful cakes were from Delicious Cakes.
I love all the colors of the dresses and the girls’ jewelry.
Click here to see more of our favs from Hena and Sonu’s wedding.
We are so thrilled that we placed a couple of images in the WPJA Q1 2008 wedding photography contest. Congrats to all the winners!!!
Plus we made it to The Top 10 WPJA Photographers from the lastest contest. We saw a lot of our photographer friends that placed also. Well done all!
I got an email from a girlfriend the other day and I wanted to share “Tips for Better Living – 2008″. I am already applying some of the tips and lemme tell ya, it works.
1. Take a 10-30 minute walk every day. And while you walk, smile. It is the ultimate antidepressant.
2. Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day. Buy a lock if you have to.
3. Buy a DVR and tape your late night shows and get more sleep.
4. When you wake up in the morning complete the following statement,’My purpose is to __________ today’
5. Live with the 3 E’s — Energy, Enthusiasm, and Empathy.
6. Play more games and read more books than you did in 2007.
7. Make time for prayer.
8. Spend time with people over the age of 70 and under the age of 6.
9. Dream more while you are awake.
10. Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants and eat less food that is manufactured in plants.
11. Drink green tea and plenty of water. Eat blueberries, wild Alaskan salmon, broccoli, almonds & walnuts.
12. Try to make at least three people smile each day.
13. Clear clutter from your house, your car, your desk and let new and flowing energy into your life.
14. Don’t waste your precious energy on gossip, energy vampires,issues of the past, negative thoughts or things you cannot control. Instead invest your energy in the positive present moment.
15. Realize that life is a school and you are here to learn. Problems are simply part of the curriculum that appear and fade away like algebra class but the lessons you learn will last a lifetime.
16. Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a college kid with a maxed out charge card.
17. Smile and laugh more. It will keep the energy vampires away.
18. Life isn’t fair, but it’s still good.
19. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.
20. Don’t take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
21. You don’t have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
22. Make peace with your past so it won’t spoil the present.
23. Don’t compare your life to others’. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
24. No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
25. Frame every so-called disaster with these words: ‘In five years, will this matter?’
26. Forgive everyone for everything.
27. What other people think of you is none of your business.
28. GOD heals almost everything.
29. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
30. Your job won’t take care of you when you are sick. Your friends will Stay in touch.
31. Get rid of anything that isn’t useful, beautiful or joyful.
32. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
33. The best is yet to come.
34. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
35. Do the right thing!
36. Call your family often. (Or email them to death!!!) Hey I’m thinkn of ya! =)
37. Each night before you go to bed complete the following statements: I am thankful for __________. Today I accomplished _________.
38. Remember that you are too blessed to be stressed.
39. Enjoy the ride. Remember this is not Disney World and you certainly don’t want a fast pass. You only have one ride through life so make the most of it and enjoy the ride.
Have a super wonderful day! ^_^